$150,000 IN GRANTS FOR LOCAL COMMUNITY GROUPSJune 5th, 2015
Now in its fifth year, Kedron-Wavell Services Club presented $150,000 on Friday, 5th June as part of their popular Community Grants Program. A total of 86 financial grants ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 were awarded to a wide variety of local organisations from local schools to sporting groups, supportive services to educational programs and the Arts. These smaller groups are often overlooked by other funding but still require support in order to continue doing their fantastic work within the community.
The successful recipients included:
- 9th Battalion War Memorial Museum Collection & Property Trust
- Boondall Synchronised Ice Skating
- Bracken Ridge Swimming Club Inc.
- Brisbane Malayalee Association Inc.
- Brisbane Mens and Womens Basketball Association Inc.
- Brisbane Multiple Birth Association Northside Inc.
- Chermside Bowls Club Men’s Division
- Chermside Forum
- Chermside Historical Precinct
- Chermside Parkrun
- Co As It Community Services Inc.
- Community Access Respite Services Inc. (CARS)
- Craigslea State School P&C Association
- Crimestoppers Queensland Limited
- Everton Park Kindergarten Association
- Everton Park State School Local Chaplaincy Committee
- Floral Art Society of Qld
- Garden Settlement Bowls Club
- Help Enterprises
- Kedron State High School
- Kittyhawk Day Club
- Lions Club of Albany Creek
- Manna From Heaven Sandgate Inc.
- Men’s Information and Support Association
- Naval Assn of Aust. (Qld) Section Inc – WRANS Sub Section
- Northern Districts Horticultural Society
- Northern Suburbs Pony Club
- Nundah Community Enterprises Cooperative
- Nundah Community Support Group Inc.
- Padua College
- Pass a Parcel Inc.
- Preterm Infants Parents Association Inc.
- Quota International of Nundah-Clayfield
- Rugby League Samoa Queensland
- SC@M – Science Club at Mitchie
- Scouts Assoc. of Australia, Qld Branch, Bald Hills Scout Group
- Seikukan Karate Club Wavell Hieghts Brisbane Inc.
- Solace Association of Queensland Inc. – Chermside Branch
- St Columba’s Primary School P&F Association
- St Johns Community Care Ltd Northside
- Stafford Roller Sports Club
- The Brisbane Apollo Male Choir
- The Northside Stroke Club Inc.
- The Queensland Coeliac Society Inc.
- Virginia State School P&C Association
- Viridian Retirement Village
- Volunteer Marine Rescue Brisbane Inc.
- Wavell State High School
- Wheller on the Park Community Garden Club
- Youth Performing Arts Qld (Inc.)
- Aspley State School P & C
- Australian Breastfeeding Association – Aspley Group
- Be Uplifted Inc.
- Brisbane Netball Association
- Chermside & Districts Historical Society Inc.
- Chermside Local Ambulance Committee
- Dragons Rowing Club
- Fortitude Valley Rugby League Club – Junior Division
- Guide Dogs Queensland
- Italian Catholic Federation – Aspley-Geebung Inc.
- Kedron Instrumental Music Society
- Kedron Scout Group
- Kedron-Wavell Ex-Servicewomen’s Association
- Kedron-Wavell RSL Sub Branch Women’s Auxiliary
- Marchant Park Kindergarten Association Inc.
- Mummy’s Wish Inc.
- Naval Association of Australia, Qld Section Inc.
- North East Community Support Group Inc.
- Northside Chiefies Inc.
- Nundah/ Wavell Girl Guides
- Partners of Veterans Association Qld Branch
- Qualtime Association Inc.
- Queen of Apostles Netball Club Inc.
- Sailability Shorncliffe Inc.
- Stafford and District Meals on Wheels Association Inc.
- The Lodge Youth Support Service Inc.
- The Prince Charles Hospital Foundation
- Whellar on the Park Activities Shed
- Zillmere PCYC
- Chermside District Senior Citizens Centre Inc.
- Crimestoppers Queensland
- Karuna Hospice Service
- Royal Brisbane Hospital Nurses Assoc. (Inc.)
Members and staff of Kedron-Wavell Services Club are very proud of their Club’s involvement in the community. As a not-for-profit organization, all surplus funds are invested back into the facilities and services provided for our members or donated to the community. Over $12 million has been donated to the local community in the past ten years.
For more information, please contact Samantha Litfin, Marketing Manager on the below details:
Phone: 07 3350 0903 Mobile: 0408 072 017 Email: email@example.com